Buxton Day of Dance, organised by Chapel-en-le-Frith Morris, is an annual feature of Buxton Festival Fringe so you are guaranteed a lively and inquisitive audience with the chance to make new dancing friends or renew old acquaintances. The event is entirely centred on Buxton, with relaxed walks between dance spots, and no coaches or travel required.
- There is no charge for the day.
- Dancing starts around 10.30am and continues to around 4.30pm.
- Lunch can be taken at any of the local inns, pubs, restaurants, hot potato stands, KFC, and fish and chip shops.
- Collections from previous Buxton Days of Dance have enabled us to support local charities.
- If there is sufficient interest (and good weather) we may continue the dancing on Sunday
Thinking of staying over?
We have no indoor camping facilities but you can check local accommodation via the following links:
What else is on?
You may be coming for the Day of Dance but there’s lots going on in Buxton in July. Check out the links below.