Applications for Buxton Day of Dance 2023 are now open.
Thank you for your interest. Buxton Day of Dance 2023 will be on Sat 15th July 2023. We have a limit of 15 visiting sides and like to create a mix of styles, new visitors as well as welcoming back old friends. If your Morris side is interested in being part of the day please complete our application form at the bottom of this page. We will use our sorting hat to sift through the applications and aim to confirm the final 15 by the end of February 2023.
Buxton Day of Dance, organised by Chapel-en-le-Frith Morris, is an annual feature of Buxton Festival Fringe so you are guaranteed a lively and inquisitive audience with the chance to make new dancing friends or renew old acquaintances. The event is entirely centred on Buxton, with relaxed walks between dance spots, and no coaches or travel required.
- There is no charge for the day.
- Dancing starts around 10.30am and continues to around 4.30pm.
- Lunch can be taken at any of the local inns, pubs, restaurants, hot potato stands, KFC, and fish and chip shops.
- Collections from previous Buxton Days of Dance have enabled us to support local charities.
- If there is sufficient interest (and good weather) we may continue the dancing on Sunday
Thinking of staying over?
We have no indoor camping facilities but you can check local accommodation via the following links: